Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rainmeter and Objectdock create interesting visuals



There are a number of cool visual effects in just about everything except radio and to be honest, I'm a huge fan of neat looking things. The picture above is a few tweaks I made to my desktop interface which you might think "That doesn't seem too impressive..." but what you may not know is that its actually running Windows 7.

Rainmeter is responsible for all the need gadgets in the top right corner which are actually functional widgets form fit to what I want to know about my system. The big gauge looking thing is actually a clock that displays the time and date. Next to it are a few other gadgets like network traffic and ram/cpu usage along with hard drive activity.






Along with the neat visual effects of the desktop, switching between windows in full screen is subject to the classic alt tab function OR you can use the windows key + tab which is much cooler in my opinion. (Windows key + tab function shown above)




This is the interface I set up for my laptop. Same thing as the one at the top utilizing Rainmeter and Objectdock, though the dock and the icons are much cooler on this one in my opinion.

There are plenty of resources out there on the web about how to build your own Rainmeter gadgets and where to find premades. The same applies to Objectdock.

No comments:

Post a Comment